Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hanging out at Dan-Dann's and Grammie's

Dan-Dann and Grammie made fabulous plans for all of us to take their motor home up the coast for some abalone diving. However, I decided that it would be fun to get strep throat so those plans were thrown out the window (I'm really sorry.). Instead we had a great time just being together.

We celebrated Haven's birthday for the 2nd time. Grandad and I decorated the cake together. He taught me how to make frosting roses and leaves as well as giving me other cake decorating tips.

The kids were swimming non-stop. Big news!! Elias learned how to swim. He can dive down to the bottom, dive, and even do cannon-balls (my personal favorite). Haven even was able to hold her breath and go under water, something she wouldn't even consider at the beginning of our break.

Grandad and Simo had some good bonding time.

Dan-Dann and Grammie took us out on their boat up to Scott's Flat Reservoir. We found a nice beach to play on and roast hot dogs and S'mores. Ben taught both Haven and Elias how to steer the boat. They were so proud of themselves. He also took the kids and I on a couple of wild rides around the lake. We can always count on Ben making things exciting.
I'm so glad that we didn't go to Michigan. We love having moments like these with family.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

The cake turned out so well! I'm very impressed!