Sunday, October 12, 2008

1 Man + 1 Woman = Marriage

Marriage has never been a simple celebration of love. At its very core, marriage forms the foundation of the future of society; the protection and celebration of husbands and wives to create and raise children. Love is paramount to the success of any marriage or family, but love itself does not fully define the depth of commitment and purpose embodied in this institution. Something as sacred and as essential as marriage cannot be tampered with without far reaching consequences. Once we start down the road of stretching the definition of marriage, that downward slide will not end until marriage has become so diluted as to mean nothing at all; its sacredness and uniqueness having been lost in trying to appease anyone who desires to be a part of such a special institution.

This doesn't even begin to explore the ways in which this destruction of marriage will reach its tentacles into every aspect of our daily lives. Most importantly Sexual Liberty will henceforth trump Religious Liberty and the very purpose for the birth of our nation will be forever buried, trodden under the foot of people who seek to protect their immediate pleasure at the expense of the future of society. The voice of the people will have been silenced by a small activist group seeking to make normal what is abnormal. Parent's right to govern what is presented to their children in schools will be quashed, again to gratify a small group who seek to sooth their wounded conscience. None of these changes will ever bring peace or normalcy to a lifestyle that defies nature. Thus, its proponents will tirelessly push for more and more, seeking to change the very nature of the world around them so they might feel more comfortable with the life they have chosen.
I must clarify that I harbor no ill feelings for anyone choosing to live an abberant lifestyle. I view every human being as deservent of the same respect and courtesy. However, that does not mean that every lifestyle or behavior needs to be celebrated and promoted. One can embrace one's fellows without embracing their beliefs. One can love a friend and not condone their faults. One can accept their fellow man without being forced to accept deviant acts as normal and constructive. Heaven knows that I have as many faults and weaknesses as any other of God's children, but I'm reasonable enough not to shove them down everyones throat.
This debate is a sure sign that society's moral compass is spinning out of control, that society's fabric is being cut up and torn apart for the gratification of a few at the expense of the many.


Below are parts I, II and III of a video exploring some of these concerns.






2 comments:

ali said...

I love what you said. I've read many debates in the last few days, and I think you've summed up nicely the culmination of my thoughts.

Jessica said...

Wow that is so beautifully written. The videos are great too. I agree on everything that was said. I hope the vote goes the way we all want it to.