Tuesday, February 2, 2010

LaDonna's grocery shopping trip from 1-10

I was feeling a little ambitious so I decided to go grocery shopping with all the kids. Here is my experience in a nutshell.

1. The number of boxes of cereal my Simeon Creature opened while hiding in the grocery cart.


2. The number of Safeway workers it took to bag my groceries and load them into my car.


3. The number of times Iris gave me a big smile.


4. The number of offspring I brought along with me.


5. The number of boxes of cereal I had to buy and the number of days they will probably last.


6. The number of items Simeon pulled off the shelves and put into the cart without me knowing.


7. The number of times I broke into a sweat of anxiety.


8. The number of times I heard this comment, "Wow, you have your hands full!".


9. The number of times Elias and Haven said, "Can we buy this?".


10. The number of times I asked myself why in the world I thought this was a good idea.



and for your visual enjoyment...






7 comments:

Romney Family said...

Oh my goodness I could just eat them all up. What I wouldn't give to be there to give your sweet cute kids a big squeeze. I have gone to the grocery store with four before(when babysitting my niece and nephew) and I have to say that I only did it twice and then I made sure I did my shopping on the day alyssa was at school and I didn't watch my niece and nephew so I only had to take Owen. It can be quite and adventure!!

Jilly Bean said...

Sounds like fun!! ;) Your kids are dang cute, LaDonna!

lindsay said...

I don't know why you broke into a sweat......San Francisco is so kid friendly. All the other parents...I mean nannies, with their 4 children...I mean 1 child, are totally underdtanding.

Van Horne said...

Iris so cute and all other counihans. I don't know how you do it. everytime I take both of them to the grocery store I want to go home and shot myself and I am not joking.I am really considering getting my food delivered to my door.

Cyndi said...

your not making 4 sound like fun... but they sure are cute, and that makes up for it all. I miss you!

Life Is Golden said...

I so so so admire you... I've been sending Joel to the grocery store as of late because I don't even want to tackle it with two (plus in the winter here everyone is always sick and I don't want miss Mags insisting on touching every shopping cart in the store).
If anyone can do it, you can!

Jamie said...

I love this post. Hilarious! And i think it's hard shopping with two...I have another thing coming my way, I guess.