Last week I emabarked upon a much dreaded task, making spaghetti sauce!! Why do I hate it? This task requires using my 'not so great' can opener to open a bazillion, (is that a word?)cans of various sauce additions. It's drudgery. The positive outcome is that I can just pull out delicious spaghetti sauce from the freezer whenever I need a fast meal or when I'm just feeling lazy. However, I made a delightful discovery! Elias loves opening cans!!! He seriously gets so excited. So suddenly this horrible task is quite enjoyable. Do I feel bad about using his innocent excitement? Absolutely not, he gets free room and board and at least 1 night a week of delicious spaghetti. Everyone wins!
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Child Labor!!!!
Last week I emabarked upon a much dreaded task, making spaghetti sauce!! Why do I hate it? This task requires using my 'not so great' can opener to open a bazillion, (is that a word?)cans of various sauce additions. It's drudgery. The positive outcome is that I can just pull out delicious spaghetti sauce from the freezer whenever I need a fast meal or when I'm just feeling lazy. However, I made a delightful discovery! Elias loves opening cans!!! He seriously gets so excited. So suddenly this horrible task is quite enjoyable. Do I feel bad about using his innocent excitement? Absolutely not, he gets free room and board and at least 1 night a week of delicious spaghetti. Everyone wins!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is too funny!! That is like Alyssa and the dishes. She loves to help do the dishes and does a good job!! I am all about child labor!!
So to make your spaghetti sauce, do you use a Prego base, and then add other stuff to make it yummy? Is it just dumping stuff, or do you actually do hard stuff to it? And does it really freeze well? I'm very interested in trying this, as long as I know I can't screw it up!!!
Lamona! How the heck are you? I miss you guys terribly! Looks like you guys are having fun. Hope all is well. By the way, your cabinets don't look that bad!
I should lend you my can opener! It is a battery operated one, you just put it on the can and go and so something else for a few seconds. Absolutely fantastic. Let me know if you'd like to borrow it sometime when Elias isn't feeling up to helping!
Post a Comment