Sunday, March 16, 2008

Simeon's Here, Hooray!!!!






March 13th ,at 7:43 p.m., is the day that Simeon John-Calvin Counihan decided to enter the world. What a precious little guy. He seems mild tempered, easy-going, and simply delicious. The delivery was crazy and most importantly, OVER! At the end of it all he weighed in at 7lbs. 15 oz. and was 21 inches long. Within his first 5 minutes of life he pooped and urinated on the nurses, typical! He has tons of hair, I love it. Elias says that Simeon's hair feels like feathers and I catch him and Haven rubbing the dark locks often. During the delivery, before it was crazy, Ben was studying for a Physiology test that he had the very next morning. He has done amazingly well balancing school and our changing family life. Heavenly Father has blessed us so much with such fun children and I know Simeon is going to fit in just perfectly.

27 comments:

Cyndi said...

HORRAY! we are so excited! he is so cute! LaDonna you are my hero! We also got your package this week! THANK YOU! you guys are the best! Congratulations! we will be sending a little package your way soon! we love you!

Russ said...

ooooohhhhhhmmmmmaaaaannnnnn!!!
that's one handsome soul!
congrats you guys!!
you guys are amazing!
what an awesome family!
you guys are doing an amazing job of populating the kindgom!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! HE IS BEAUTIFUL! I am glad everything is good! Thanks for posting pics! LOVE THEM!

Pessoa Fam said...

Congratulations!!!I am in SLC right now, but when I get back I am going to bring you guys dinner! He is absolutely beautiful. He looks just like Haven with dark hair! I can't wait to here how fast this little guy came!

Jason, Alyson, Kaci, Brynley & Ashlynn said...

YIPPEE...CONGRATS you guys! Simeon is just beautiful...glad too hear that he's here and all went well. Rest, relax and enjoy your new little one! Take care...we miss you guys!

Mindi said...

LaDonna, he is so adorable. I'll be coming to see you and him soon. I can't wait to hold him.

Beka said...

He is so perfect! Congratulations! I'm so glad it's over for you.
I have really enjoyed reading your blog and seeing what you're up to. Good luck with everything...Ben's school, your baby...everything! I'm so happy for you guys.

Raquel Ruggles said...

After a hard and painful labor, you'd expect a beat up looking momma, but you look amazing! Your little family is so beautiful and Simeon is a doll. I can't wait to meet him. By the way, what you wrote about your family totally made me teary and emotional. You are so sweet.

Desta said...

Wahoo! I'm so excited for you guys. It's always good to hear that there are more Counihans in the world. Good luck with having three. I wish we could be there to help out. Again, congrats!

Rocia said...

yum yum. i miss him already, hurry home from your parents so i can hold him some more. he makes wanting another one VERY easy!

Amanda said...

Congratulations!! You and Ben make cute kids!

Kayla said...

Congratulations! He's a keeper.

Erin said...

What a sweet family. Congratulations on the beautiful Simeon!

Heather said...

Congrats on the newest additon to your family. We are glad to hear all went well and he is pretty darn cute if we may say so!!!

Romney Family said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! He looks like a Counihan!!! Way to go Ben for studying for school and being there for the delivery. Not to be outdone by all the Work LaDonna did to get him into this world. We sure hope all is going well and again wish we were there to hold the little dear!! I am there in spirit!! Love ya!!

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys! You have your own basketball team now!

Leslie said...

Yay for mini-Couny #3! You guys are all so PRETTY. What a cute family. Kiss those cheeks for me!

Alissa said...

congratulations ben and laDonna He is so cute! How fun! Makes me want another one!
love you pictures! You look very Happy
Lots of love

Darla said...

Hey,
saw your blog on Rocia's. Congrats on the new baby. I LOVE his name...Simeon AND Calvin. Can I steal both if we have another boy? Anyway, we're very jealous of your adventures in the most beautiful city ever!
~darla, geof. and fam

Anne said...

Congrats Ben and Ladonna! What a cute little guy and I love the name.
I can't get over how grown up Haven is. That can't be her in all those pictures. I still think of her as a 2 year old, she is beautiful.

Cyndi said...

Check out my flashaback friday! and for the love, get some NEW pictures of this kid up! Im dying here!

Deneal said...

YAY! Simeon looks so precious in the pictures. Congratulations and good luck adjusting to the new changes in the family schedule. Sounds like you have two eager helpers already and one dedicated dad. What a beautiful family.

Jamie said...

Precious! What a beautiful boy. We want to come by and see you.

Paige said...

Hey you guys! It has been so long since I've seen either of you, but I found your cute family blog in a very round about way. Amanda sent me to hers and then to Beka's and then I saw you guys. Your kids are so adorable. I can't believe you have three now. I would love to hear more about what you guys have actually been up to. Take care! PS> The baby is beautiful!!!!!!!

Mattson Family said...

I don't know if you remember us or not, but I saw you guys on Desta's blog! Congrats on the new baby! It looks like you guys are doing good! Trevor and Jamie Mattson

Kera said...

Ladonna,
He is BEAUTIFUL. I need to come see him. I know this is so late but can I make you dinner sometime please? I can't wait to see him.

Kera said...

Ladonna,
He is BEAUTIFUL. I need to come see him. I know this is so late but can I make you dinner sometime please? I can't wait to see him.