Sunday, December 7, 2008

A belated report on our Halloween Festivities.

Halloween was a two day party. Friday the 31st Elias stayed home from school with a 'sore throat' ,(that is another story that I'll need to tell at another time). Anyway, I dressed the kids up in their costumes and took them to the school so we could have lunch with Ben.I pretty much could eat these kids up.
In the Caf with Dad. Dad's dressed up as a dental student.

We carved Jack-o-lanterns...

and had a yummy dinner. I made Autumn soup and then baked it inside this pumpkin, (thanks for the idea Nadine). Alongside cornbread this was delicious.

Later we had caramel popcorn, played games, and won prizes. The next night we had a Halloween party at the church where they had a trunk r treat. Ben and I actually dressed up. Why we don't have a picture, I don't know . I was a witch and Ben was a Fed-Ex worker.
The above picture is of the fall pennant that I made to decorate with. I love the way it turned out and I know this is random, but I just wanted to share. When I took it down after 3 months I was so sad. That's how I know that I really like it.




7 comments:

Lindz said...

Ladonna, I just wanted to say... I totally miss you guys!

Melissa & Bryan Jensen said...

You have to tell me how you made that! Very cute! I am gonna have to add that to my project list. Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Legs! You are just tooooooo perfect. The deco, the dinner, the kids, your look......JUST STOP.

What's going on for XMas w/ you guys?

I have something exciting to tell you....no I'm not prego, but it's almost as exciting.

I miss you, and sorry we missed you during turkey day.

lindsay said...

so what is so exciting that you couldn't tell me little miss jesse? thanks for the secret sisters society that I am apparently not a part of. Legs your christmas card is super cute. I would say lets all meet up during Christmas but lets be honest....it's not going to happen. but lets pretend anyways so what about friday? Saturday?

LollyGirl said...

hey ladonna! do you remember me, cheryl nilsson from byuh. i was your academic advisor?! i saw your blog linked from hilary wiest. how do you know them? we live in monterey w/ them and they're in our ward! so fun to see your cute little family!! we just finished grad school a year ago. how much longer do you have? we loved those years!

Anonymous said...

My surprise wasssssssssss (directed at you too LINDSAY EAGER), that I was constipated.....I was crowning.


Legs, mama's coming to town. Linds said it was okay that you, ben and the kids (along w/ myself and dakota) had a slumber party at her house. I'm bringing dried fruit soaked in sulfer as a snack.

We plan on meeting this coming monday and tues- Jan...blah blah blah...I don't know the dates.

Walnut said...

oh sweet some halloween pictures