Thursday, June 23, 2011

Iris...

Iris loves to color. Seriously, coloring keeps her busy for at least a half hour. She loves coloring all things... paper, chairs, tables, walls, herself, anything.




I love watching her concentrated face, her tiny fingers, and the cute little way she puts the crayons back when she's done. Every time she does it I could eat her up.



See what I mean?




She is actually pretty darn good. The tiny swirly squiggles are her favorite.



Does anyone have any bright ideas for getting crayon off of walls without scrubbing off the paint?














6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Sydney is a color girl too. We have had our fair shair of crayon on the wall. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works fantastically. Just make sure to check in an incospicuous spot to see if it will change your paint color. Mine did just fine. And...it doesn't take much elbow grease! If I knew who invented it, I would totally hug them! Best thing ever!

The Eccles said...

Agreed, Magic eraser! If you don't have one, stop by, i'll give you one of mine...It works like "Magic!"

Cyndi said...

Just so you know... (maybe I am the only person who would do this) do not use magic eraser on the skin! it succesfully got sharpie marker off of Milo's arm, but left a big burn on it also! just sayin' :)

Brittany said...

I've heard that using a blow dryer will heat it up and make it come off easily...never had to try it yet! Magic eraser did get dry erase marker off the wall but in certain light I can see the paint is slightly lighter in that patch now. Such a cute family!

Jennifer (Fern) said...

A hair dryer. Blow on the crayon and it melts and then you wipe it right off with a paper towel or napkin... no big deal (I'm talking from experience!)

Jamie said...

Oh my heavens. Iris is so grown up! She is just beautiful (no big surprise there.) And, yeah, that coloring is actually really amazing. Those tight little loops? Impressive. Miss you all.