This past week was my introduction to Local Anesthesia. It somewhat of a gladiatorial experience, groups of first-year dental students were shrieking and needles were flying. They had to sequester us away in a quiet secluded area in the upper floors, so our screams of agony and fear wouldn't startle the paying patients. After roughly five minutes of instruction and poking around on a couple of oranges, we found ourselves sinking 30 mm of sharpened steal into the pterygomandibular spaces of our colleagues.
Actually, I was quite impressed by both the skill and professionalism of my fellow classmates. And it was pretty fun and painless. Surprise, surprise. Good stuff.
And this is a picture if me inflicting a punture wound upon another aspiring dentist. We're still friends, too. Although he did almost chew his tongue off at lunch because I numbed him up so well. I'd love to practice my technique, any of you are free to volunteer to come by and get stuck with needles by a complete novice.
Cheers.
9 comments:
Sweet! Sign me up for that!
That's Horrible! That is the exact reason why I dislike the dentist so much! Did I ever tell you about the time I bit the dentist....
...and the memories of nursing school all come flooding back. It's amazing what we'll do for an education:).
Got any need for nitrous oxide guinea pigs?? I'm a bit of a junkie, myself.
that looks so exciting!! How fun to finally get to do hands on stuff!! If we were closer I would let you poke alyssa and owen!! Ha ha!!
That is crazy! Looks like fun! I love that kind of stuff when I was practicing giving shots in school we had to practice on oranges not real people! Hey can we add your blog to our site?
lol
Can you do botox or silicon injections? Just kidding...maybe next year. I am so excited for you and can totally see you being a dentist. If you can ever get your hands on some laughing gas, let me know. It makes me laugh so hard that I wet myself...seriously...and I haven't figured out a way to stop laughing. Is that considered an allergy to the gas?
Wow, Ben, you are looking 100% legit! I didn't even know you are going to dental school. Looks like you're getting to the "good stuff"...actually doing the hands on.
nice work!
I've just been waisting my time blog surfing and came across your guys' blog. :) We're at www.chappellfam.blogspot.com
I love your description of the shots . . . very entertaining.
well if you are a novice, I'm all for free needle jabbing
Post a Comment